Wednesday, October 28, 2009

the "picture perfect" family

My society defines the "picture perfect" family. No family is absolutely perfect, but I find that we tend to act more caring toward others when we see how other families react to one another. If you see a family in public, some are happy and others you can tell that there are many conflicts that go on in their life. When we see a happy family, it inspires us to behold our own happiness. When we see a family in public that has many problems, it tends to cause us to hold onto one and other more closely, because we see how good we have it and we never want our family to be unhappy like that. Most people want happiness because it feels so right and we won't settle for anything less than what makes us happy in life.
I define the "picture perfect" family. During family gatherings and vacations, I do my best to create a positive environment for myself and the ones who surround me. I hope everyday that the love that I give off reaches others and they too can give away this love. I think of it as a good flu. There are other very important people in my life, such as my good friends and my boyfriend, who are not related to me, but have been there through so much. They've made me the person that I am today. These people and I have shared times that will never escape me. Obviously, times are not always so smooth. There are going to be some rough times, and the only people who stick through that with you are the ones who are going to matter in the end. These people are the ones who truly make up my "picture perfect" family.

No comments:

Post a Comment